Facility Data Managers Login Here

New User? | Forgot Password?

Americas Synchrotrons ALS APS CAMD CHESS CLSI LNLS NSLS SSRL

National Synchrotron Light Source

is located at Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, NY

NSLS website

Beamlines are operated by Participating Research Teams. PRTs are entitled to 75% of their beamlines operational time. The remaining 25% is administered by the NSLS through the General User Program. A collaborative arrangement can sometimes be made with a PRT to obtain beam time.

Overview

Beamlines (xtal) Owner/Operator StatusExperimentsWavelength (Å)
X3A Sloan-Kettering Institute, Rockefeller University, Case Western Reserve University operationalMAD0.84 - 1.85
X3B Case Western Reserve University, Center for Synchrotron Biosciences, CASE Center for Proteomics operationalEXAFS0.932 - 3.267
X4A New York Structural Biology Center operationalMAD, SAD.620 - 3.54
X4C New York Structural Biology Center operationalMAD, SADinfo not available
X6A NIH/NIGMS/NSLS operationalMAD, SAD0.54 - 2.1
X8C National Research Council Canada, BNL-Bio, Hoffmann-La Roche, BiogenIdec operationalMAD0.6
X9A Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Sloan-Kettering Institute, Rockefeller University, Case Western Reserve University No - X9A ceased operation in May 2006 when it was physically moved to X3A where operation resumed in October 2006MAD0.84 - 1.85
X9B Case Western Reserve University No - as of October 2006 this beamline was moved to X3B. Any datasets collected from that time forward should be reported as NSLS Beamline X3BSAXS, WAXS0.82 - 2.48
X12B BNL Biology Dept. operationalMAD0.95 - 1.61
X12C BNL Biology Dept. operationalMAD0.8 - 2.5
X25 BNL NSLS & Biology Dept. operationalMAD, TIME RESOLVED LAUE0.4 - 4.0
X26C Cold Spring Harbor, SUNY Stony Brook, BNL Bio, Georgia Research Alliance operationalMAD, SAD, TIME RESOLVED LAUE0.8 - 1.8
X29A PXRR Brookhaven Biology and Case Proteomics Center-Case Western Reserve operationalMAD, SAD0.83 - 1.8

Adding New Beamlines
In order to add a new beamline for this synchrotron you must have a registered account as Facility Data Manager for NSLS.
If so please click here to login (using slide-down form at top right of page).

Click here to add a New Beamline for NSLS

 

About Structural Biology at NSLS

case.gif Case Western Reserve University Center for Synchrotron Bioscisnces
a website listing the beamlines, technology, personnel and projects of the CSB, includes full beamline and user information. beamlines: X3A, X3B, X28C, U2B and X29


hbar_pxnsls.gif Macromolecular X-Ray Crystallography at the National Synchrotron Light Source
a website with technical and administrative information about all beamlines for macromolecular crystallography at NSLS


About Structural Genomics at NSLS

nysgrc_biglogo.gif New York Structural Genomics Research Consortium
one of the seven NIH-funded structural genomics projects. NYSGRC is using beamlines X9A, X12B/C, X25 for the project.


TBLogo.jpg The TB Structural Genomics Consortium
A world-wide consortium of scientists developing a foundation for tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment by determining the 3-dimensional structures of proteins from M. tuberculosis.